MTI Film has released Cortex v5.3, the latest version of its family of products for managing workflows on set and in post. This latest release includes new features that make managing and processing data during production and post more efficient. It also adds support for the latest sound and picture formats and delivery requirements of leading distributors, including Netflix, HBO, Hulu and Quibi.
Cortex v5.3 is available in five editions, including two for DIT applications, a full-featured dailies application, an Enterprise package for post and delivery and a quality control application. The software runs on Windows 7 and 10 and uses one or more Nvidia GPUs.
– The ability to render multiple formats simultaneously, accelerating dailies processing and other workflows.
– The option to automatically apply IMF delivery specs for HBO and Hulu as well as support for the 16:9 aspect ratio (portrait and landscape) used by the new streaming service Quibi.
– MTI Film worked with Netflix engineers to align the dead pixel detection and repair tools featured in the Enterprise edition of Cortex v5.3 with the Netflix detection algorithm. This solution, which involves importing a .csv file supplied by Netflix, means content can be prepared for Netflix while avoiding multiple redeliveries to fix all pixel defects.
– A new loudness meter includes features for monitoring, measuring and analyzing audio levels, with results viewable in graphical reports across the full timeline. It makes it easier to ensure delivery media conforms to loudness standards.
– Region of interest control for dead pixel detection.
– Composition reel to render individual events.
– Still frame exports can include window burns.
– ARRI look processing for 3D LUTs or CDL values in MXF.
– EXR custom pixel aspect ratio.
– Support for Alexa Mini LF camera.
– Framing tools for picture rotation.
– Fast import for large folders of media files.
– Support for Dolby Atmos audio reading and writing.
– The ability to combine and render multiple audio configs from a composition.