The minds behind Frame.io have added some new features to their cloud-based video collaboration tool, which they say has now surpassed 50,000 members from 120 countries.
These include the following for the Frame.io Web App 1.1
• New Private Team Files and Folders — You can now set files and folders to be invisible from collaborators.
• New Collaborator Permissions — You can now restrict collaborators from downloading, sharing or inviting other collaborators.
• New Project Sharing — When project sharing is turned on, anyone with the link can join. You can invite large groups of collaborators without having to invite them individually.
• New Realtime Upload Status — Now all participants of a project can see upload progress in realtime, which can eliminate lots of confusion.
• Expanded Keyboard Shortcuts — You can now use the arrow keys to navigate through thumbnails: spacebar to Quicklook, Esc to exit, Enter key to enter the player, and Esc key again to exit the player.
Updates for the Final Cut Pro Companion App 1.1. include:
• Added support for queuing
• Drag and drop upload from the desktop
• Custom export locations allow access to rendered FCP X media
• Convert FCP X markers into timestamped Frame.io comments
• Added options to choose marker types when exporting only clips with markers
• New reduced bandwidth option
See our past coverage of Frame.io here.