Blackmagic has introduced the Ursa Mini Pro 4.6K G2, a second-generation Ursa Mini Pro camera featuring fully redesigned electronics and a new Super 35mm 4.6K image sensor with 15 stops of dynamic range that combine to support high-frame-rate shooting at up to 300 frames per second.
In addition, the Ursa Mini Pro 4.6K G2 supports Blackmagic RAW and features a new USB-C expansion port for direct recording to external disks. Ursa Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is available now for $5,995 from Blackmagic resellers worldwide.
• Digital film camera with 15 stops of dynamic range
• Super 35mm 4.6K sensor with Blackmagic Design Generation 4 Color Science
• Supports project frame rates up to 60fps and off-speed slow motion recording up to 120fps in 4.6K, 150fps in 4K DCI and 300fps in HD Blackmagic RAW
• Interchangeable lens mount with EF mount included as standard. Optional PL, B4 and F lens mounts available separately
• High-quality 2-, 4- and 6-stop neutral density (ND) filters with IR compensation designed to specifically match the colorimetry and color science of Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2
• Fully redundant controls including external controls that allow direct access to the most important camera settings such as external power switch, ND filter wheel, ISO, shutter, white balance, record button, audio gain controls, lens and transport control, high frame rate button and more
• Built-in dual C-Fast 2.0 recorders and dual SD/UHS-II card recorders allow unlimited duration recording in high quality
• High-speed USB-C expansion port for recording directly to an external SSD or flash disk
• Lightweight and durable magnesium alloy body
• LCD status display for quickly checking timecode, shutter and lens settings, battery, recording status and audio levels
• Support for Blackmagic RAW files in constant bitrate 3:1, 5:1, 8:1 and 12:1 or constant quality Q0 and Q5 as well as ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 Proxy recording at 4.6K, 4K, Ultra HD and HD resolutions
• Supports recording of up to 300fps in HD, 150fps in 4K DCI and 120fps at full-frame 4.6K.
• Features all standard connections, including dual XLR mic/line audio inputs with phantom power, 12G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay and separate XLR 4-pin power output for viewfinder power, headphone jack, LANC remote control and standard 4-pin 12V DC power connection
• Built-in high-quality stereo microphones for recording sound
• Offers a four-inch foldout touchscreen for on-set monitoring and menu settings
• Includes full copy of DaVinci Resolve color grading and editing software
Additional Blackmagic news:
– Blackmagic adds Blackmagic RAW to Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
– Blackmagic intros DeckLink Quad HDMI recorder
– Blackmagic updates DeckLink 8K Pro
– Blackmagic announces long-form recording on Blackmagic Duplicator 4K