Blackmagic has added to its ATEM Mini family as well as updated the software for Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K and the HyperDeck Studio Mini.
The new ATEM Mini Pro is a low-cost switcher ($595) that makes it easy to create multi-camera productions (up to four cameras) for live streaming. The new version has extra features for recording, streaming and monitoring, including:
– A new hardware streaming engine that allows direct streaming via Ethernet connection to YouTube Live, Facebook and Twitch
– A multi-view option that allows all inputs to be monitored on a single monitor along with live status of recording, streaming and the audio mixer
– Support for recording streams directly to USB flash disks in H.264 and recording to multiple disks for continuous recording
The ATEM Mini Pro is now shipping.
There’s also a new Camera 6.9 software update for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K models. The update allows Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K to work as a digital film camera and a studio camera and adds studio camera features such as remote control, tally and the DaVinci Resolve color corrector.
Version 6.9 also makes it possible to connect to any ATEM Mini switcher and get control of the camera parameters, lens and tally light. ATEM Mini can control up to four Pocket Cinema Camera 4K or 6K cameras via the HDMI video connection and ensure all cameras are perfectly matched for a professional live studio workflow. The Camera 6.9 update is now available to download for free.
Finally, the new HyperDeck v7.1 software update adds multiple new features to HyperDeck Studio Mini broadcast recorders:
– New H.264 codec that supports true interlaced HD formats
– Support for AAC audio codec, making it possible to upload files directly to YouTube
– Much faster Ethernet transfers of 110 MB/s and support for longer duration in a single file of at least three hours
HyperDeck v7.1 is now available to download for free.