At IBC, EditShare is launching its new Flow Story, a professional remote editing application. A module of the EditShare Flow media asset management solution, Flow Story offers advanced proxy editing and roundtrip workflow support with professional editing features and functions courtesy of the Lightworks NLE engine.
Flow Story allows users to work remotely with secure access to on-premises storage and media assets via an Internet connection. Flow Story lets users assemble content, add voiceovers and collaborate with other NLEs for finishing, delivery or playout of packages. Direct access to on-premises storage accelerates content exchange within the safety of a secure network.
• Wide Format Support — Flow Story supports hundreds of formats, including ProRes, Avid DNxHD, AVC-Intra and XDCAM, through to 4K and beyond, such as Red R3D, XAVC, Cinema DNG and DPX. As well as working with low-resolution proxy files, users can import and publish many popular formats to the EditShare storage server.
• Voiceover — Simple-to-use VO tools let users finalize packages at their desk or out in the field. Flow Story auto-detects and enables any connected audio input device. Users can upload newly created voiceover files and clips they have created locally.
• Edit While Capture — Flow Story’s Edit While Capture feature allows any format (including Long GOP) to be accessed during recording using EditShare Flow MAM or Geevs Ingest servers. This is ideal for fast turnaround environments such as live events and sports highlights.
• Realtime collaboration — When connected to any EditShare Flow Database, Flow Story has real time collaboration with other Flow users, such as Flow Browse and AirFlow. Projects, clips, sequences, markers and metadata are all updated and synchronized in realtime.
• NLE Integration — Flow Story supports industry-standard NLEs (and DAWs) such as Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve and Avid Pro Tools. A creative hub, Flow Story facilitates collaboration among editors through AAF, an interchange file format that advances round-trip workflows.
• Work Offline — Flow Story is purpose-built with remote editing in mind. While you only need a regular Internet connection to access your content, that is not always possible. Flow Story can work in a standalone mode, accessing existing Flow projects in motion. Flow Story projects are synchronized via Internet.
• Advanced realtime effects, including Color, Titles and DVEs — Using the power of the graphics card, all the realtime effects can be played back remotely or locally without the need for rendering or flattening.
• Third-party integration with Audio Network — Browse the selection of Audio Network music directly from within Flow Story. Stream MP3 audio files directly over sequences, add search criteria that best suits requirements, then register or sign in to purchase directly. The full quality track is then downloaded and available within the project.
In Other Editshare news, Peter Lambert has been named worldwide sales director. An industry business development executive with more than 25 years of experience, including his start at the BBC as an audio engineer, Lambert recently held the director of sales position for EditShare’s APAC region.
“Since coming on board to manage our Asia Pacific regional business, Peter has been instrumental in rebuilding the channel and has been a steady advocate for building up our technical, sales and administrative staff in the region. Peter has brought order and stability to our business in the region, and largely as a result of his efforts we have seen substantial growth and stronger client relations,” says Andy Liebman, CEO, EditShare. Responsible for the company’s overall sales strategy and reseller partner program, Lambert’s appointment is effective immediately.