NEW YORK — Createasphere is hosting its Post Production Master Class (PPMC) in New York City next week, Monday, October 7, at the Westin New York Grand Central.
The event is designed to spur real-world discussions about the business of post production, and attendees have the opportunity to meet with and have their questions answered by working industry pros.
Yours truly, Randi Altman, editor-in-chief of postPerspective.com, is moderating a panel on Social Media and Post Production with a fantastic (seriously) line-up of working pros who take to social media to talk about the industry, create community, find artists to work with, share techniques, talk food, and more.
Here are the panelists:
• Jesse Averna, who created and runs #PostChat, the popular Twitter Chat for post professionals, teaches FCPX and Avid at The School of Visual Arts’ Continuing Education, and edits Sesame Street for Sesame Workshop.
• Juan Salvo, a colorist based out of theColourSpace, a DI and commercial grading facility in midtown Manhattan, where he is founder and head-of-color.
• Eric Alba, a VFX and post supervisor who started in post production as a machine room tape operator and then in visual effects as an intern on Star Trek: The Next Generation, continues to ply his craft in all areas of games, commercial, broadcast, TV, film, interactive and immersive experience projects. He is currently Technical Producer at HUSH (http://heyhush.com)
• Aharon Rabinowitz, Red Giant’s Director of Content & Communities and the Executive Producer for Red Giant Films. He hosts Red Giant TV and works with Red Giant’s amazing community of filmmakers, editors, and motion graphics and visual effects artists.
• John ‘Pliny’ Eremic, Workflow Specialist, HBO and Co-Founder of Endcrawl.
In addition to Social Media and Post, other topics to be discussed at PPMC include 4K and Beyond, and Thriving in Today’s Post World. Moderators and panelists talking about those topics include:
• Joe Bierne, Executive Vice President, Technology Group,
Technicolor-PostWorks New York
• Jonathan Bird, Host/Producer, Jonathan Bird’s Blue World
• Nick Dager, Editor & Publisher, Digital Cinema Report
• Liam Ford, Vice President of Technology, Deluxe Creative Services
• Alex Grossman, Vice President of Media Asset Management, Quantum – Big Data – Media And Entertainment
• Lucien Harriot, Executive Producer, Visual Effects Supervisor, Mechanism Digital;
• Chris Pfaff, Chairman, CEO, Producers Guild of America New Media Council East; Chris Pfaff Tech/Media LLC
• Matthew Schneider, Technology and Business Development, Technicolor-PostWorks New York
• Tim Spitzer, Managing Director, Goldcrest Post Productions
The limited class size allows for maximum interaction with the speakers, and attendees will come away with a fresh career perspective and new business contacts. The $45 registration fee also includes an evening reception with attendees from the Digital Asset Management Conference, held in conjunction with PPMC at the same venue.
“This is a unique kind of class for post professionals and students,” said Kristin Petrovich Kennedy, President of Createasphere. “Rather than offering hands-on training, which there is already plenty of, the PPMC provides real-world advice and information attendees can use to help further their careers.”
The Post Production Master Class will also be held in Los Angeles on November 7, 2013, during the Entertainment Technology Expo at the Burbank Airport Marriott.
Complete program information and links to registration can be found at http://www.createasphere.com/ppmc.