Nvidia has introduced its new Nvidia Titan RTX, a desktop GPU that provides the kind of massive performance needed for creative applications, AI research and data science. Driven by the new Nvidia Turing architecture, Titan RTX — dubbed T-Rex — delivers 130 teraflops of deep learning performance and 11 GigaRays of raytracing performance.
Turing features new RT Cores to accelerate raytracing, plus new multi-precision Tensor Cores for AI training and inferencing. These two engines — along with more powerful compute and enhanced rasterization — will help speed the work of developers, designers and artists across multiple industries.
Designed for computationally demanding applications, Titan RTX combines AI, realtime raytraced graphics, next-gen virtual reality and high-performance computing. It offers the following features and capabilities:
• 576 multi-precision Turing Tensor Cores, providing up to 130 Teraflops of deep learning performance
• 72 Turing RT Cores, delivering up to 11 GigaRays per second of realtime raytracing performance
• 24GB of high-speed GDDR6 memory with 672GB/s of bandwidth — two times the memory of previous-generation Titan GPUs — to fit larger models and datasets
• 100GB/s Nvidia NVLink, which can pair two Titan RTX GPUs to scale memory and compute
• Performance and memory bandwidth sufficient for realtime 8K video editing
• VirtualLink port, which provides the performance and connectivity required by next-gen VR headsets
Titan RTX provides multi-precision Turing Tensor Cores for breakthrough performance from FP32, FP16, INT8 and INT4, allowing faster training and inference of neural networks. It offers twice the memory capacity of previous-generation Titan GPUs, along with NVLink to allow researchers to experiment with larger neural networks and datasets.
Titan RTX accelerates data analytics with RAPIDS. RAPIDS open-source libraries integrate seamlessly with the world’s most popular data science workflows to speed up machine learning.
Titan RTX will be available later in December in the US and Europe for $2,499.