Burbank — The LightWave 3D Group is offering new educational pricing for NevronMotion, motion capture and retargeting software for LightWave 11.6 on Windows. Qualifying students and educators can get the full-feature version of NevronMotion for the price of $99, and it’s available now. The plug-in is regularly priced at $299.
“Students are the CG magicians, visionaries, and storytellers of the future,” says Rob Powers, president, LightWave 3D Group. “Our goal is to support their creativity and fresh ideas with groundbreaking technology like NevronMotion for LightWave 11.6. It has a powerful but simple workflow for motion capture, retargeting, and realtime character performance using an off-the-shelf Microsoft Kinect camera. And, with no limitations to the software, students have full access to all the features of LightWave and NevronMotion. It’s an exciting time for students working in 3D and we look forward to seeing how far they push their creativity using our technology.”
NevronMotion allows artists and animators to quickly and easily extend the Virtual Studio Tools in LightWave to capture, adjust, and retarget motion data to 3D models in LightWave 11.6. NevronMotion features the ability to:
• Capture live rig motion with the Microsoft Kinect camera
• Retarget motion capture directly in LightWave Layout
• Save and adjust captured motion data from the Kinect camera
• Easily adjust arm and leg mocap positions and layer hand-keyed animation on top of motion capture files
• Save and load retargeting presets for FBX, BVH, or custom set ups
• Preset rigs for Kinect and other motion capture formats
• Quickly bake out motion to character rigs
LightWave 3D offers an end-to-end production pipeline for artists and designers to model, animate, capture, retarget, render, and input and output to 3D. A full feature license of LightWave 11.6 is available to qualified students and educators for $149 (USD); regularly priced at $1495 (USD).
Some of the many features of LightWave 3D include:
• Modeling – Robust polygonal sub-d modeler with real world units
• Surfacing – Stunning photoreal layer-based and nodal surfacing tools
• Rigging – Instant rigging presets with or without weight maps\
• Object Referencing – Flexible object referencing architecture or ASCII scenes
• Animation – Procedural, nodal, flocking and keyframe animation tools
• Rendering – Integrated state-of-the-art renderer with unlimited nodes
• Viewport Preview Renderer (VPR) – Interactive shading, raytracing, DOF, motion blur, lighting and GI
• Bullet Dynamics – Fast and simple rigid and soft body Dynamics Engine
• Industry Standards – Supports Alembic, FBX, Autodesk Geo Cache, Python, DPX, ZBrush Goz, After Effects, MDD, and OBJ.