Masv, which sends large video files via the cloud, is offering a new extension for Adobe Premiere. The extension simplifies the delivery of data-heavy video projects by embedding Masv’s accelerated cloud transfer technology directly within the NLE.
The new Masv Panel for Premiere reliably renders, uploads and sends large (20GB and higher) files that are typically too big for conventional cloud transfer services. Masv sends files over a high-performance global network, exploiting users’ maximum Internet bandwidth.
“Today’s video professionals are increasingly independent and distributed globally. They need to deliver huge projects faster, often from home studios or remote locations, while collaborating with teams that can change from project to project,” says Dave Horne. “This new production paradigm has broken traditional transfer methods, namely the shipping of hard drives and use of expensive on-prem transfer tools.
“By bringing MASV directly inside Premiere Pro, now even the largest Premiere project can be delivered via Cloud, streamlining the export process and tightly integrating digital project delivery within editors’ workflows.”
• The new Masv extension installs in a dockable panel, integrating perfectly into Premiere Pro CC 2018 and higher (MacOS/Windows)
• Users can upload full projects, project sequences, files and folders from within Premiere Pro. The Masv Panel retries aggressively, sending files successfully even in poor networking conditions.
• Users can render projects to any Adobe Media Encoder export preset and then send. Favorite export formats can be stored for quick use on future uploads.
• When exporting to Media Encoder, users can choose to automatically upload and send after rendering. Alternatively, they can opt to review your export before uploading.
• Users can monitor export and transfer progress, plus upload performance stats, in realtime.• Users can distribute transfer notifications via email and Slack.
• Deliveries are secured by adding a password. Transfers are fully encrypted at rest and in flight and comply with GDPR standards.
• Users can set storage duration based on project requirements. Set a nearer delete date for maximum security or longer for convenience.
• Set download limits protect sensitive content and manage transfer costs.
• Users can send files from Premiere and then use the Masv Web Application to review delivery status, delivery costs and manage active deliveries easily.
• Users can send terabytes of data, at very fast speeds without having to manage storage or deal with file size limits.
Masv launched a new version of the service in February, followed by a chain of significant product updates.