FXhome’s HitFilm 14 is the newest version of the editing, VFX and compositing platform for content creators, filmmakers, editors and visual effects artists. Among the upgrades is support for After Effects plugins from Red Giant and Andrew Kramer’s Video Copilot directly within HitFilm.
From Red Giant, HitFilm 14 supports:
– Trapcode Particular – for creating organic 3D particle effects and complex motion graphics elements
From Video Copilot, HitFilm 14 supports:
– Element 3D – for importing and animating realistic 3D models
– Optical Flares – for creating customizable, realistic lens flares
– Saber – for creating high-energy beams, neon lights and other similar effects
– Orb – for creating 3D spheres and planets
– Heat Distortion – for simulating realistic heat waves and mirage effects
Other new features in HitFilm 14 are:
– Video Textures for 3D Models: Allows creators to use a video layer as a texture on their 3D model to add animated bullet holes, cracked glass or changing textures.
– Chromatic Aberration Effect: Added as an effect in HitFilm Pro, this feature allows creators to replicate the red, green and blue fringes around edges when light is refracted through a lens. This allows for creative effects and can be pushed to extremes with parameters for distance (the distance between RGB channels), strength (opacity of the effect), radius (blur radius of the RGB channels) and “Use Lens,” which lens warps the effect around a point of choice.
– Improvements to the export process: In HitFilm 14, the Export Queue is now an Export Panel and is now much easier to use. Exporting can also now be done from the timeline and from comps. These “in-context” exports can apply to the content between the set in and out points or to the entire timeline using the current default preset (which can be changed from the menu).
– Additional Text Controls: Customizing text in HitFilm 14 has been further simplified, with Text panel options for All Caps, Small Caps, Subscript and Superscript. Users can also change the character spacing, horizontal or vertical scale, and baseline shift (for that Stranger Things-style titling).
– Usability and Workflow Enhancements: In addition to the new and improved export process, FXhome has also implemented new changes to the interface to further simplify the entire post production process, including a new “composite button” in the media panel, double-click and keyboard shortcuts.
HitFilm 14 is available now for $349 for a three-seat professional license, which includes 12 months of free upgrades and 12 months of free technical support. From November 30 to December 2, FXhome is offering HitFilm 14 at a discount from the FXhome Store as part of its Black Friday promotion.