GoPro’s new Hero7 lineup includes the company’s flagship Hero7 Black, which comes with a timelapse video mode, live streaming and improved video stabilization. The new video stabilization, HyperSmooth, allows users to capture professional-looking, gimbal-like stabilized video without a motorized gimbal. HyperSmooth also works underwater and in high-shock and wind situations where gimbals fail.
With Hero7 Black, GoPro is also introducing a new form of video called TimeWarp. TimeWarp Video applies a high-speed, “magic-carpet-ride” effect, transforming longer experiences into short, flowing videos. Hero7 Black is the first GoPro to live stream, enabling users to automatically share in realtime to Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Vimeo and other platforms internationally.
Other Hero7 Black features:
- SuperPhoto – Intelligent scene analyzation for professional-looking photos via automatically applied HDR, Local Tone Mapping and Multi-Frame Noise Reduction
- Portrait Mode – Native vertical-capture for easy sharing to Instagram Stories, Snapchat and others
- Enhanced Audio – Re-engineered audio captures increased dynamic range, new microphone membrane reduces unwanted vibrations during mounted situations
- Intuitive Touch Interface – 2-inch touch display with simplified user interface enables native vertical (portrait) use of camera
- Face, Smile + Scene Detection – Hero7 Black recognizes faces, expressions and scene-types to enhance automatic QuikStory edits on the GoPro app
- Short Clips – Restricts video recording to 15- or 30-second clips for faster transfer to phone, editing and sharing.
- High Image Quality – 4K/60 video and 12MP photos
- Ultra Slo-Mo – 8x slow motion in 1080p240
- Waterproof – Waterproof without a housing to 33ft (10m)
- Voice Control – Verbal commands are hands-free in 14 languages
- Auto Transfer to Phone – Photos and videos move automatically from camera to phone when connected to the GoPro app for on-the-go sharing
- GPS Performance Stickers – Users can track speed, distance and elevation, then highlight them by adding stickers to videos in the GoPro app
The Hero7 Black is available now on pre-order for $399.