CoreMelt’s PaintX planar tracking-based paint utility software for Apple Final Cut Pro X editors and artists is now available. CoreMelt PaintX is powered by Boris FX’s Mocha technology, which tracks camera motion, objects and people for seamless visual effects and screen composites. PaintX enables editors and artists to quickly and accurately apply “fixes” to footage and sequences by using standard color, blur, sharpen, clone, smear and warp brushes and applying the planar tracker.
PaintX integrates a number of features designed to significantly simplify and accelerate the editing workflow within FCPX.
Here are some highlights:
– Each paint stroke is editable after being made and is fully non-destructive with unlimited undo;
– The tracked clone brush solves many common problems quickly
– The integrated Mocha tracker is accessible in a single button press
– Each stroke can have a different track applied to multiple tracks all in one plugin
– Users can copy and paste track data from one stroke to another in order to apply different effects with the same track data
– Users can save and restore brush preset shapes and sizes
CoreMelt has worked closely with the FCPX community to develop a series of tutorials to help new users familiarize themselves with the PaintX workflow within FCPX. The entire library of tutorials is available here.
PaintX is available for $99. CoreMelt is offering significant discounts on its Everything Bundle (which also includes PaintX) and its Chromatic + PaintX bundles. For more information on these bundles click here.