Izotope, makers of the RX audio tools, has introduced Neutron 3, a plug-in that — thanks to advances in machine learning — listens to the entire session and communicates with every track in the mix. Mixers can use Neutron 3’s new Mix Assistant to create a balanced starting point for an initial-level mix built around their chosen focus, saving time and energy when making creative mix decisions. Once a focal point is defined, Neutron 3 automatically set levels before the mixer ever has to touch a fader.
Neutron 3 also has a new module called Sculptor (available in Neutron 3 Standard and Advanced) for sweetening, fixing and creative applications. Using never-before-seen signal processing, Sculptor works like a per-band army of compressors and EQs to shape any track. It also communicates with Track Assistant to understand each instrument and gives realtime feedback to help mixers shape tracks to a target EQ curve or experiment with new sounds.
In addition, Neutron 3 includes many new improvements and enhancements based on feedback from the community, such as the redesigned Masking Meter that automatically flags masking issues and allows them to be fixed from a convenient one-window display. This improvement prevents tracks from stepping on each other and muddying the mix.
Neutron 3 has also had a major overhaul in performance for faster processing and load times and smooth metering. Sessions with multiple Neutrons open much quicker, and refresh rates for visualizations have doubled.
Other Neutron 3 Features
• Visual Mixer and Izotope Relay: Users can launch Mix Assistant directly from Visual Mixer and move tracks in a virtual space, tapping into Izotope-enabled inter-plug-in communication
• Improved interface: Smooth visualizations and a resizable interface
• Improved Track Assistant listens to audio and creates a custom preset based on what it hears
• Eight plug-ins in one: Users can build a signal chain directly within one highly connected, intelligent interface with Sculptor, EQ with Soft Saturation mode, Transient Shaper, 2 Compressors, Gate, Exciter, and Limiter
• Component plug-ins: Users can control Neutron’s eight modules as a single plug-in or as eight individual plug-ins
• Tonal Balance Control: Updated to support Neutron 3
• 7.1 Surround sound support and zero-latency mode in all eight modules for professional, lightweight processing for audio post or surround music mixes
Visual Mixer and Izotope Relay will be Included free with all Neutron 3 Advanced demo downloads. In addition, Music Production Suite 2.1 will now include Neutron 3 Advanced, and iZotope Elements Suite will be updated to include Neutron Elements (v3).
Neutron 3 will be available in three different options — Neutron Elements, Neutron 3 Standard and Neutron 3 Advanced. See the comparison chart for more information on what features are included in each version.
Neutron will be available June 30. Check out the iZotope site for pricing.