EditFest London hits the UK for the second time on June 21 with top film and television editors talking about the art of editing. This year, American Cinema Editors (A.C.E.) will present the daylong event at London’s BFI Southbank.
A.C.E. launched EditFest LA in 2008. EditFest NY was added to its agenda in 2009. The event is designed for professional as well as aspiring editors, post people, students, content creators, production execs, and others who are interested in learning more about editing.
“Last year we had a terrific experience in London,” said the organization’s president, Alan Heim, A.C.E. (All That Jazz, Network, The Notebook). “The city, the panelists and the attendees were everything we could have hoped for and more. The most gratifying thing was to see just how much the attendees wanted to learn from and interact with the editors. There was a thirst for connection and knowledge, and the panelists were delighted to discuss the art of editing and meet those who wanted to explore it. All of us at A.C.E. are really looking forward to returning to London with an exciting new group of editors who will discuss the amazing projects they’re working on.”
Small Screen, Big Picture – The Television Editors
Moderated by John Wilson, A.C.E.
• Mags Arnold – The Trip
• Mark Everson – Alan Partridge
• Tim Porter – Game of Thrones, Doctor Who
From Dailies to Delivery – Editing Features
Moderated by Mick Audsley
• Mark Day – Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix, The Half-Blood Prince, The Deathly Hallows, Parts 1 & 2.
• Alexandra Mackie A.C.E. – Indian Summer, Kill Command, Rogue, Downton Abby, A Poet in New York
• Mark Sanger, A.C.E. – Gravity
• Ken Schretzmann, A.C.E. – Toy Story 3, The Lorax
• Lucia Zucchetti, A.C.E. – The Queen
Closing Panel: A Conversation with Alan Heim
Moderated by Adrian Pennington, American CinemaEditor Magazine .
Tickets for EditFest are available online for £200/$299.