Boris Continuum Complete (BCC) 10 for Avid is now available from Boris FX. This release, which we reported on back at IBC, brings new tools for advanced visual effects, title design, digital beauty work and image restoration to the Avid timeline. BCC 10 for Avid also includes new filters, new transitions and a new subscription/rental option.
Among the most anticipated features are integrated Mocha technology for planar motion-tracking and masking; BCC Beauty Studio, a skin smoothing and retouching plug-in; and BCC Title Studio, Boris FX’s 3D titling and motion graphics tool.
– Integrated Mocha mask tracking in PixelChooser; Imagineer’s Academy Award-winning Mocha planar tracking and masking engine is integrated inside the BCC PixelChooser, allowing editors to do more advanced finishing work without leaving the editing timeline.
– BCC Beauty Studio is a new skin retouching tool that gives editors the ability to smooth skin and reduce blemishes to make their talent look better. A keying algorithm quickly isolates skin tones while retaining natural sharpness and contrast.
– BCC Title Studio is a 2D/3D titling and motion-graphics tool for designing and animating title opens, lower thirds and credit sequences at any resolution. OpenGL-accelerated features include extrusions, materials, cameras, lights and deformers for advanced title creation. The tool includes support for Maxon Cinema 4D models and Adobe Illustrator and features a custom user interface for simple to complex title creation.
– New tools for image restoration: BCC Remover fills in missing pixels and removes objects with clone and auto-fill options. BCC Dropout Fixer restores tape-based damaged footage with field dropouts. BCC Reframe is designed to reformat and stylize “vertical cell phone” video footage into a standard 16×9 aspect for broadcast.
– New effects/filters: BCC Light Leaks adds organic and naturalistic “in-camera” light and exposure effects to stylize and enhance footage. BCC Video Glitch recreates the distressed look of compression artifacts, signal loss and corrupt digital video.
– New transitions: Four new realtime transitions have been added with many prebuilt presets. BCC Cross Glitch mimics abrupt digital signal transitions. BCC Cross Melt conveys a new organic look and feel. BCC Light Leaks Dissolve creates a light exposure-based transition. BCC Cross Zoom combines zoom, glow and dissolve into one simple transition.
The Boris Continuum Complete 10 release offers new purchasing options for users.
BCC 10 for Avid has a new, lower price: a full license for $1,695 or an upgrade for $595. BCC 10 for Avid is compatible with Avid Media Composer, Symphony and NewsCutter.
BCC 10 Multi-Host licensing is one license activation for multiple host applications — Avid, Adobe and OFX — available as a full license ($1,995), upgrade ($695) or annual subscription ($595). The BCC 10 Multi-Host option will be compatible with Avid Media Composer, Symphony, NewsCutter, Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CC, and Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve (OFX).
BCC 10 for Adobe, Apple and OFX will be released later this year.