Adobe is adding new features to Adobe Creative Cloud, including support for Ultra HD (UHD), color-technology improvements and new touch workflows. In addition, Adobe Primetime, one of eight solutions inside Adobe Marketing Cloud, will extend its delivery and monetization capabilities for HTML5 video and offer new tools for pay-TV providers that make TV Everywhere authentication easier and more streamlined.
New video technology coming soon to Creative Cloud allows tools that will streamline workflows for broadcasters and media companies. They are:
- Comprehensive native format support for editing 4K-to-8K footage in Premiere Pro CC.
- Continued color advancements with support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) workflows in Premiere Pro CC.
- Improved color fidelity and color adjustments in After Effects CC, as well as deeper support for ARRI RAW, Rec. 2020 and other Ultra HD and HDR formats.
- A touch environment with Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC and Character Animator optimized for Microsoft Surface Pro, Windows 8 tablets or Apple trackpad devices.
- Remix, a new feature in Audition CC that adjusts the duration of a song to match video content. Remix automatically rearranges music to any duration while maintaining musicality and structure, creating custom tracks to fit storytelling needs.
- Updated support for Creative Cloud Libraries across CC desktop video tools, powered by Adobe CreativeSync. Now, assets will instantly appear in After Effects and Premiere Pro.
- Destination Publishing, a single-action solution in Adobe Media Encoder for rendering and delivering content to popular social platforms, will now support Facebook.
- Adobe Anywhere, a workflow collaboration platform, can be deployed as either a multilocation streaming solution or a single-location collaboration-only version.
Primetime, Adobe’s multiscreen TV platform, is also getting an upgrade to support OTT and direct-to-consumer offerings. The upgrade includes:
- Ability to deliver HTML5 content across mobile browsers and additional connected devices, extending its reach and monetization capabilities.
- An instant-on capability that pre-fetches video content inside an app to start playback in less than a second, speeding the startup time for video-on-demand and live streams by 300 and 500 percent, respectively.
- Support for Dolby AC-3 to enable high-impact, cinema-quality sound on virtually all desktops and connected devices.
- Support for the OAUTH 2.0 protocol to make it easier for consumers to access their favorite pay-TV content. Pay-TV providers can enable frictionless TV Everywhere with home-based authentication and offer longer authentication sessions that require users to log in only once per device.
- New support for OTT and TV Everywhere measurement — including a broad variety of user-engagement metrics — in Adobe Analytics, a tool that is integrated with the Primetime TVSDK.