FREMONT, CA — Blackmagic Design is offering a new model of UltraStudio 4K, which now includes super fast Thunderbolt 2 technology. The new UltraStudio 4K replaces the previous model and is available now from Blackmagic Design resellers for $995.
The UltraStudio 4K, is a rack mount capture and playback device based on Thunderbolt 2 technology and featuring a machined aluminum front panel with an integrated color LCD as well as video and audio input buttons designed to make things move faster. According to the company, the rear panel includes virtually every type of video and audio connection that exists, including 6G-SDI, HDMI 4K, analog component/s-video/composite, as well as balanced analog and AES/EBU digital audio. That means customers can connect to all decks, cameras, monitors and more.
Now with the 20Gb/s speed of Thunderbolt 2, UltraStudio 4K has more bandwidth to work with higher quality video and frame rates. Customers will be able to capture and playback Ultra HD 4K YUV video at 60 frames per second and Ultra HD 4K RGB video at 30 frames per second via the advanced 6G-SDI video connections.
UltraStudio 4K handles television formats, featuring 6G-SDI connections that instantly switch between SD, HD, Ultra HD and 4K making it a solution for post production and broadcast users when working on design, editing, paint, color correction and visual effects tasks. UltraStudio 4K is also useful for 3D workflow as it features both interleaved/side by side and dual stream capture and playback. Interleaved 3D allows the left and right eye to be interleaved as fields into a single video connection and file, so customers can edit using current editing software.
UltraStudio 4K customers will be able to take advantage of the forthcoming Desktop Video 10 release. The new Desktop Video 10 driver architecture is a major new software update designed from the ground up to be optimized for high speed computers and the new emerging Ultra HD television formats that require massive data speeds. DaVinci Resolve 10 customers will benefit from the simultaneous capture and playback support that lets them capture direct from cameras on set and grade the live video with multiple nodes of color correction for live on-set monitoring. This makes lighting a film set easier, and allows DPs, directors and colorists to work together to optimize the film’s look on set.
UltraStudio 4K key features
• Single Link 6G-SDI, Dual Link 3G-SDI connections, supports SD, HD up to1080p60 and 4K DCI.
• Compatible with Mac OS X computers with Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt.
• SDI inputs include full SDI re-clocking for capture from poor quality SDI sources.
• HDMI in and out, supports SD and HD formats up to 1080p60, frame packing 3D and 4K.
• Component analog in and out.
• Component analog switches to s-video and composite.
• 2 channel balanced analog audio in and out. Additional RCA HiFi audio in.
• 2 channel AES/EBU unbalanced audio in and out.
• Timecode in and out on XLR connectors
• Genlock/tri-sync input.
• Sony™ compatible RS-422 deck control.
• Supports uncompressed 8/10 bit and compressed video capture and playback.
• Supports Ultra HD and 4K DCI capture and playback using new Single Link 6G-SDI or Dual Link 3G-SDI connections and HDMI.
• Capture/playback of side by side, line by line, top and bottom and frame packing 3D via HDMI.
• Capture/playback of side by side, line by line, top and bottom and dual stream 3D via SDI.
• Includes hardware up down and cross conversion on playback.
• Includes hardware SD and HD keying.
• Supports Final Cut Pro X , Avid Media Composer 7 Adobe Premiere Pro CC6, Adobe Photoshop CC6, Adobe After Effects CC6 , DaVinci Resolve and more.
• Includes free developer SDK.
• Supports free DaVinci Resolve Lite software.