At IBC2017, Avid introduced new MediaCentral solutions for post production. Dubbed MediaCentral for Post, the solutions integrate Media Composer video editing software with a new collaborative asset management module, new video I/O hardware and Avid Nexis software-defined storage.
MediaCentral for Post is a scalable solution for small and mid-sized creative teams to enhance collaboration and so teams can work more efficiently with 4K and other demanding formats, delivering their best work faster. Avid collected feedback from working editors while developing a collaborative workflow that goes beyond bin-locking and project-sharing to include integrated storage, editing, I/O acceleration and media management.
Besides Media Composer, MediaCentral solutions for post integrate Avid’s products in a single, open platform that includes:
• MediaCentral Editorial Management: This new media asset management tool enables everyone in a creative organization to collaborate in secure, reliable and simply-configured media workflows from a web browser. MediaCentral Editorial Management gives a view into an entire organization’s media assets. Without needing an NLE, assistants and producers can ingest files, create bins, add locators and metadata, create subclips and perform other asset management tasks — all from a simple browser interface. Users can collaborate using the new MediaCentral Panel for Media Composer, which provides direct access to MediaCentral content right in the Media Composer interface.
• MediaCentral Cloud UX: An easy-to-use and task-oriented graphical user interface, MediaCentral Cloud UX runs on any OS or mobile device, and is available to everyone connected to the platform. Creative team members can easily collaborate with each other from wherever they are.
• Artist DNxIVvideo: This interface offers a wide range of analog and digital I/O to plug into diverse media productions. It works with a broad spectrum of Avid and third-party video editing, audio, visual effects and graphics software.
• MediaCentral Panel for Media Composer: Within the Media Composer user interface, MediaCentral Panel allows users to see media outside of their active project as well as drag and drop assets from MediaCentral directly into any Media Composer project, bin or sequence.
• More Storage: Avid Nexis Pro now scales to 160 terabytes — twice its previous capacity – to give small post facilities the ease-of-use, security and performance advantages that larger Avid Nexis customers have access to. Avid Nexis E2 now supports SSD drives to deliver the extreme performance required when working with multiple streams of ultra-high-resolution media in real time. Additionally, Avid Nexis Enterprise now leverages 100 terabyte media packs to scale up to 4.8 petabytes.