Bloomington, Minnesota — Storage solutions provider Scale Logic Inc. (SLI), whose executive team has been providing storage for media and entertainment for over 25 years, officially launched its new US world headquarters recently in Minnesota.
They celebrated with over 250 guests from around the world, including partners from
Russia, China, Italy, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom. SLI (scalelogicinc.com) also announced a new office in Amsterdam.
Scale Logic, which provides RAID, SAN and NAS, among other archiving solutions, was formed, according to former Rorke Data employee and current SLI president/CEO Bob Herzan, to continue the reputation and business model that Rorke Data had created in the M&E space over the last 27 years. The Scale Logic team is made up of over 20 former long-term Rorke Data personnel, ranging from executive management, finance, sales and technologists.
He says that Scale Logic is a new and improved version to the Rorke model, with brand-new storage products targeting M&E directly. “We have leveraged our experience and our technology to become a trusted advisor to media and entertainment professionals big and small.”
Scale Logic’s product line consists of a purpose-built storage solutions, including RAID, NAS, SAN and archive offerings. “We have developed very strategic relationships with HP and HDS to support them in testing and certification around high-end file based workflows,” explains Herzan. “We have developed a interoperability lab that is dedicated to M&E applications and is the center of our R&D for SLI branded products, along with our enterprise partners.”
They have also put together a global service and support team that will service the legacy equipment installed in the field by not only Rorke, but also Apple, EMC, Isilon, Active and other vertically focused storage companies. “We have integrated an IT-centric team as well to be able to support full-blown enterprise facilities from corporate IT to complete data center support. Service includes anything from break fix to 7/24 on-site. In addition to the support contracts we also have a recycling team that can bring value to data storage and networking equipment that is being refreshed by facilities by offering a trade-in and a full-service program to dispose of this equipment based on federal and global laws.”
Here is a brief description of some of the products and services being offered by Scale Logic:
• Genesis: RAID and SAN appliance designed specifically for media and entertainment applications, such as 3D, film, color, video, etc.
• HyperFS: High-performance SAN file system allows concurrent high-speed file access across heterogeneous systems.
• Strawberry: Project management offers intelligent collaboration for Avid, Apple and Adobe, and offers team-based project management
• IPA Archive Server: digital content archive system integrates hardware and software to allow multi-tiered storage management on SAN or LAN while automating archiving of your media assets
• Concurrency: LAN/WAN optimized file transfer utility accelerates your large file transfers on WAN and LAN with guaranteed, secured delivery over TCIP
• Professional Service: Scale Logic engineering services group can provide global installation, onsite and replacement services, and phone and remote support contracts
Currently, Scale Logic has 40 active resellers now world wide, and their customer base ranges from small facilities to Turner Broadcast, MLB, Technicolor, Deluxe and others.